Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Working Out



Above is the Las Vegas Athletic Club (LVAC) at Eastern and 215. That parking lot is never empty but now it is. I went to my last class at LVAC on March 17, 2020. I was up and getting ready to go the next day when I read that LVAC had closed. Following the governor's orders, it was possibly the last gym to close here.

I am going to physical therapy even now. The number of patients has dwindled and the tables are more spread out. The in-store Pilates studio is shut down, but the reformers can still be used by therapists (I was on two of them yesterday). One of the therapists gave me some exercises to do at home, and I added some others that I have been doing there, so I have a small workout I do regularly. It takes between 20 and 25 minutes. I bought a flat weight bench from amazon, but have discovered that it is really not right for most of these exercises. I should have gotten a massage table! But damn, those things are big and my apartment is not that large. So I use a mat on the floor. I don't love it because I have trouble getting up from the floor, but at home I have things I can grab onto. Here's my hope: that I will eventually get strong enough to be able to get up and down easily.

Ducks and geese at Cornerstone Park. The goslings may be the first of the season.
I have taken a few walks in Cornerstone Park but it isn't all that comfortable for either my legs or my back. Again, hoping these issues will ease and I can get back into walking.

Honestly, I am not highly motivated. I am able to complete the PT exercises every day but not much else. I have options: LVAC has online classes and links to others; we even have access to Les Mills videos as part of our membership. I also have workout DVDs. These are the most appealing to me right now, but I haven't done any yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beat Goes On

Here it is July, the middle of July, and Covid-19 is here with a vengeance. We are faced with thousands of cases every day, so many deat...