Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The Worrying

The question of whether daughter Mary has the virus is still not answered. She says she can get tested but she has not done so. This third day she feels like crap. Her daughter Nelly had a fever yesterday. I don't yet know about today. So I continue to worry.

Doesn't stop me from trying to get some things done. I made a commitment to myself the other day that I would at least clean the living room. It is a combo living-exercise-sewing room right now, and I am not in the habit of putting stuff away when I am not using it. I have also dropped many little pieces of fabric on the floor, along with thread (which is not good for cats, by the way). When I pile up books and papers the cats lie on them and inevitably knock them to the floor. If ever there was a time for someone like me, this is the time. Nobody dares to come inside.

Yes, I make light of some aspects of my present life. While still worrying. I worry about Mary and her family, I worry about Elaine's family, I worry about me. I worry about my cats. 

And I fret. My sewing machine is jamming again. I get it cleared and then it starts out okay but soon jams. I have watched countless youtube videos on the subject of clearing jams, including several that feature machines very similar to mine. I committed to making fifteen masks for my grandson Joey (for his friends) and have managed to send ten of them. The other five wait until I have a working machine. Yesterday I brought my ailing printer into a repair shop and the woman behind the counter said she needs masks. She is caring for her 92-year-old mother. I immediately said I'll bring you some! I want to so badly but I can't get them made yet. Because the machine was just serviced, I can't help but think there is something really simple here.



The printer? She could not fix it. Actually maybe a good thing because I looked in my records and discovered that it is still under warranty. I need to contact Canon. Maybe they will make it easy and just send me a new one? Probably not, but these days it may make sense.

2,512,988 confirmed cases worldwide
172,279 deaths worldwide

794,330 confirmed cases US
42,634 deaths US

3,830 confirmed cases Nevada
159 deaths Nevada



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beat Goes On

Here it is July, the middle of July, and Covid-19 is here with a vengeance. We are faced with thousands of cases every day, so many deat...