Sunday, March 29, 2020

NightWalks

Nighthawks by Edward Hopper
As summer approaches once more I think about taking earlier walks. If I wait too long I won't be able to walk at all. It will be too hot. Last summer I often walked when it was still dark.

My usual walks are in parks or on trails along the Pittman Wash. However, when it is black outside it makes me nervous to be where there is so little light. Like a moth I am drawn to patches of light. Therefore I tend to walk on the streets, the streets lit by streetlights, car headlights, night lights in businesses.
Gas stations are like beacons, yet look even
lonelier than closed businesses, perhaps because of the bright lights.





Edit: written about one year ago (2019) but not published then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beat Goes On

Here it is July, the middle of July, and Covid-19 is here with a vengeance. We are faced with thousands of cases every day, so many deat...