Friday, April 3, 2020

Blender Woes

Some people have been posting about how this lockdown is affecting their mental health. In general, I think I am doing all right. But there are signs that maybe not.

A couple of days ago I made a smoothie. I wanted something sweet and I had ingredients for a peanut butter and jam smoothie. Sort of. Peanut butter and blueberries, actually. I added a little agave syrup to sweeten it. And I added ice to make it cold. After I tried it, I felt it needed more peanut butter, so I took off the top to add it. At that point the speed was dialed up but the machine was off. After adding more peanut butter I turned it on without putting the top back on and without dialing it back to "low". This is something I don't do, had never done before. The liquid exploded out of the jar and onto the counter, the floors, the wall and cupboards, and a book I was reading. 

Of course I shut it off right away and cleaned up.  That book is now miserably stained but still readable. 



Then yesterday, having yet another craving, I decided to make peanut butter pudding. It's simple: silken tofu, peanut butter, and confectioner's sugar. I guess in these desperate times sugar seems okay. I got it going and it was humming along, but then stopped. It was too heavy near the blades. I needed to use the tamper to push the mixture around. I don't know what I was thinking. I took off the top and put the tamper in there and turned it on again. Lordy! The tamper got caught in the blades. I had to pull to get it off. The blades made a hole in it, but I think the blades are okay, I didn't bend them. I think. 

These are the kinds of things I do when I feel stressed. I act without thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beat Goes On

Here it is July, the middle of July, and Covid-19 is here with a vengeance. We are faced with thousands of cases every day, so many deat...