Thursday, April 16, 2020

The State of the Nation and of Me

In six states many citizens protested stay-at-home orders by their governors. Hundreds blocked access to a hospital in Michigan, others either kept their distances in their protest or walked side by side, endangering themselves and others. Meanwhile, Trump is saying the tide has turned, the curve is flattening, and he will be outlining a plan to return to normal today. The curve has not flattened. We are not even close.

I would not believe these protests if I saw them in a movie about a pandemic. I don't think any of those disaster movies included anything like this. 

From MSN: Michigan protest


I belong to a few Facebook Groups that focus on making cloth masks. Some of the members are making hundreds of them. They donate them to various locations. I finished my modest ten yesterday and delivered them to Animal Foundation. It took two sewing machines but done they got, and I felt good about them. I will now be making more masks for the family. My sewing machine is back home. The repair person found that thread had wound around the little thread cutter inside. He replaced the blade. And cleaned everything up, said it's in great shape.

Yesterday I got another delivery from Amazon Fresh that included a small package of toilet paper. The first order of TP that I have gotten. It will give me a few more days to find more. 

I have physical therapy today. Because I am dutifully doing PT exercises at home between appointments, I feel ready for these appointments. Today they said they will be giving me a whole hour. I don't know why an hour when forty minutes is usually good. Honestly, these are not fun appointments. But last Monday the therapist took measurements and found that I am stronger and more flexible. So it is working.

2,107,450 confirmed cases worldwide
136,988 deaths worldwide

644,823 confirmed cases US
28,580 deaths US

3,211 confirmed cases Nevada
136 deaths Nevada

1 comment:

  1. For many years I suffered from intense back pain which sometimes could not move. I practiced judo for more than 15 years of my life and at the end, back pain took me to all kinds of physical activity. A year ago my pains disappeared after using Doctor James herbal mix medicine thanks to his-natural treatment I found on the internet which anyone can contact him on his Email@drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. At least his treatment cured me completely. Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it happened with me. Dr. James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same Backache or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / LOTTERY.CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com/ +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete

The Beat Goes On

Here it is July, the middle of July, and Covid-19 is here with a vengeance. We are faced with thousands of cases every day, so many deat...