Friday, April 10, 2020

Placing Orders

I had a craving for a Subway salad the other day. Decided to have one delivered. When making the order I didn't understand the directions completely so ended up not getting as many vegs on that salad as I wanted. I will know next time.

The salad wasn't all I wanted it to be.


Learning the different ordering applications has been one of the least fun things I do these days. For example, I can't figure out how best to order from Target. I know from daughter Elaine that I need to use the app on my phone because the web doesn't have the pickup option. But I have failed to figure out a smooth way to order anything at all from there. I have ordered from Smith's three times now, so I know how to get there. But it's a pain. Each time I search for a product I have to reset the filters afterward. It's a good thing we can keep lists on there, because it will be easier along the way to simply repeat ordering those lists. 

For all of them there is the matter of timing. Orders from a restaurant happen that day, of course, usually in less than an hour. But orders from grocery stores rely on finding an open window for pickup or delivery. These stores only offer a few days ahead so I sometimes have to go back more than once in hopes of finding a new window open. Smith's has started to show several days ahead now, which is how I managed to order on Monday for a pickup Saturday (tomorrow). That was the soonest I could get it. In the case of Smith's, though, I don't know if they will have everything I ordered until about an hour before I pick it up. This sucks when I really want a specific product and it gets deleted. 



I hate to say it but I am getting low on toilet paper. I usually order in bulk from Amazon but I thought I had enough and so skipped one of my regular deliveries. Now that the number of rolls is getting dangerously low I am depending on Smiths to provide just that one pack.  Daughter Mary got a portable bidet-type thing but I do not yet know if it is working for her. 

As more people start to order pickup and delivery I hope the stores will start to shift staff to those areas and even hire more. It is a new world for them, although many of them have offered these options for some time. It was a small part of the business that has become much larger.  I also hope that grocery workers will be able to protect themselves more, that there will be protective equipment they can use. There is still a shortage.

1,634,650 cases worldwide
97,728 deaths worldwide

475,237 cases US
17,055 deaths US

2,456 cases Nevada
86 deaths Nevada

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beat Goes On

Here it is July, the middle of July, and Covid-19 is here with a vengeance. We are faced with thousands of cases every day, so many deat...