Saturday, April 25, 2020

Breaking Out

Today I went into two stores. I had not been inside a store since March 18, when Nevada shut down. 

My first foray was to the FedEx store. My printer broke and Canon sent me a new one, but wants the old one back. So I had to pack it in the box that contained the new one and put the label on it and drop it off at a certified FedEx place. They don't pick up packages curbside there so I had to go in. Fortunately, I was the only customer and the transaction was quick. I didn't have to touch anything in there. Still, it made me nervous.

My second trip was to a 99 cent store.

I have put up with the difficulties in ordering online and picking up or having stuff delivered. It has been frustrating to me to know that I can request an item on Monday and when my pickup time finally arrives three or four days later there are no more of those items available. I am assuming that the people who walked into the store bought them. Even though I called dibs days ago my place in line doesn't count. I do not know how many times I have placed an order that contained toilet paper and was unable to get it. As I mentioned in my last post, I am getting close to desperate and I am now armed with TP Finder, the website that tracks toilet paper near me! It told me about the 99 cent store so that is where I went. Wearing a mask, of course.


And there it was. A large pile of 12-packs of puny rolls. I bought two. I do not want to be piggy, even though I don't know if my next order will be filled or if I will have to make another trip to 99 cent or some other store where they don't do curbside deliveries.  Almost all of the stores on that list at TP Finder are not delivery-friendly. They are gas stations, 7-11s, that sort of place. 

When I got back in my car I wiped my hands and the steering wheel with disinfecting wipes. I drove home, left my shoes outside, and immediately put my clothes in the laundry and took a shower.  Turns out I didn't have anything to put on until a load of clothes was finished drying, so I did my regular exercises in bra and undies.  Not something you want to see, but you didn't, did you?

2,915,600 confirmed cases worldwide
203,042 deaths worldwide

957,505 confirmed cases US
54,160 deaths US

4,539 confirmed cases Nevada
204 deaths Nevada

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Beat Goes On

Here it is July, the middle of July, and Covid-19 is here with a vengeance. We are faced with thousands of cases every day, so many deat...